Project Architect – Seattle, WA
Stillwater Dwellings is a residential design firm specializing in high-end prefabricated contemporary homes. We are currently working on projects throughout the Western US. We are seeking a full-time Project Architect with 5+ years of experience to add to our growing design studio team. The ideal candidate should have both a strong design and technical background. We are looking for an ambitious individual with a strong drive to learn, improve, and grow with us. This position can be Remote Working if needed.
- Programming and Project Research, including zoning review, code review, and permit requirements.
- Carry out project vision from the start of the schematic phase through to fabrication.
- Complete pricing and permitting sets on time and on budget.
- Must be capable of balancing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manage correspondence with zoning and permitting jurisdictions.
- Manage client relationships. Good communication skills, verbally and graphically, is a must.
- Front consultant coordination efforts: both those contracted to Owner and those directly contracted to Stillwater Dwellings.
- Communicate well with other staff members.
- Observe and Identify areas of potential process, service, and product improvement.
- Accredited professional degree in Architecture (Bachelors or Masters of Architecture).
- Licensure is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience. Much of this experience should be in high-end, single-family residential design with wood frame construction.
- Must be proficient in Auto CAD and SketchUp.
- Must have strong knowledge and experience preparing permit and construction documents.
- Must have highly developed written as well as interpersonal skills.
- LEED Accreditation is a plus.
- Salary is DOE
- Full Benefits Package
- Annual Bonus + Matching 401K